Friday 18 August 2017

Sandy The Sheepfox, Prologue Reflection T3

Here's a prologue about my book, Sandy the Sheepfox. I have updated it so that it makes a little more sense. WALT: We had to write a story or piece of writing fast. Here is the prologue of my story, hope you enjoy!

Sandy the Sheepfox

Image result for fennec fox baby in deseret den

Prologue
“Is everyone ready to go?” Asked a mother fennec fox.
“Sure thing.” Said the dad fennec fox.

“Definitely!” Screamed Dusty, the daughter of the 2 fennec foxes. It was her very first time going out hunting with her family, as her mother was pregnant, she would be at the front with her father, and her mother would be at the back.

They travelled deep into the sandy dunes of the desert, it was the perfect time to search for bugs and beetles as there had been a huge storm overnight so all of the pockets of sand would be uncovered and bugs and beetles would be found……..

Dusty jumped on a beetle and showed it to her father, he couldn’t really see it as it was in her jaws.
“Nice catch, Dusty!” Said the father.
“Thanks, Dad.” Dusty replied.
Suddenly a giant gust of wind came through  the sandy dunes.
“I think it might be time to go back now.” Said the father.
“But… Dusty was interrupted by a cry of pain.
“Oww!” Cried the mother.
“Well it’s definitely time to go.” Said the father. “I think the baby’s kicking.”
“You’re right about that.” Said the mother painfully.
And that was their last words as they travelled through the rough wind back to the den.

They finally arrived back at the den, and Dusty told her dad to take her mother inside, while she put the prey away in a small storage hole.
Just as she was coming back into the den, a huge tornado swept by the den, making it harder to proceed into the den.
“Dad.”  Dusty called. He didn’t hear her over the wind, so she tried again.
“DAD!” Yelled Dusty over the wind. He must of heard her this time, as he came out to see what was the matter.
“Dad, help me!” Said Dusty in midair.
“Take my paw!” Said the father, reaching out to her.
“I, I, I can’t reach.” Said Dusty.
“Just keep trying!” Said the father, tearfully.
Then the wind became the strongest of all, and swept poor Dusty out of the den and into the Sandy outback.
“Duuuustyyyy!” She heard her father yell.
“Daaaad.” She tried yelling back.
They kept on yelling until they couldn’t hear or see each other.
The wind took Dusty through the desert and then she smashed into three rocks…….

And everything went Black

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

1. I look forward to reading the finished story Kyra- a great catchy intro!

ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.