Tuesday 19 September 2017

Main Star 7 Reflection T3 2017

For this Main Star I had to keep a diary of my fitness over a 4 week period. Here is my diary:


For this Main Star I have to improve my fitness over a 4 week period. I will be improving my fitness with two sports-Running, Ballet and I will do a reflection on the Rangiora Competition I went to!

Running

Week 1:
This week I did my first run around my street block (Kilgour road-Winnie Street). It was sunny and a small breeze was around. I took off from my mailbox and went up the hill, round the corner, up the straight, round another corner, down another straight, round the final corner and up the homestreet. Finally I had finished with a time of 2 minutes and 21 seconds. This isn’t to bad for my first try.

Week 2:
This week I did the same course as last week and I bet my my score, 2 minutes and 21 seconds by 5 seconds. So my score for this week was 2 minutes and 16 seconds!!! But I still think there is room for improvement……….

Week 3:
My run for this week was way, way, way better this week because I bet my last score, 2 minutes and 16 seconds by 11 seconds! So my score for this great week was 2 minutes and 5 seconds! My goal for next week is to get my time down to 2 minutes……...or lower!!!

Week 4:
This week I wasn’t feeling the best, so I didn’t get to my goal, sadly. My time for my last week was 2 minutes and 6 seconds.
Ballet

Week 1:
Ok so I went to my Ballet class, and was expecting to just be doing center work……...but we were doing barre this week! So I had only been focusing on my center work-not my barre work! I had no idea in what I was doing! Definitely need to get the DVD out and practise ready for next week!

Week 2:
So this week I tried my best to remember the exercises but I still need a lot of prompting! I really need to keep on practising so I can start polishing! After all, you can’t start polishing until you remember the 9 (technically 10 because 1 exercise has two parts to it!) exercises!


Week 3:

So this week I only need a little bit of prompting. My aim for next week is to be able to remember all of the exercises. OH MY GOSH! I forgot to tell you that I have the fake ballet exam next week to see what it’ll be like………...need to have my ballet in my head!

Week 4:
Don’t stress about me! My Ballet exam-or fake Ballet exam went extremely well because I had been practising the barre work twice a day for 11 minutes for a whole week! I didn’t need any prompting, I just looked straight ahead and smiled-I smiled because you get 5 or 10 points and because I was so relieved that I could remember the exercises! And on my fake score sheet I got 49 out of 50 points! And it also said I only had to work on my center work 2! BONUS!!! I am so excited for the real Ballet exam coming up!!!

Rangiora competition:
In the weekend before the fake Ballet exam, me, my mum Christine and Jemma went to Rangiora for a DANCE COMPETITION!!! On the way up we went through a miniature snow storm while drinking a hot chocolate with marshmallows from Arthur’s Pass. When we got to our motel, I started getting ready for my lyrical solo-People help the people. With my makeup and hair done, me and my mum headed to the Rangiora town hall. I did my lyrical solo and it felt great for the first time on stage. The results for my lyrical was tied Highly commended. Funny enough, the person who got Highly commended with me, did the same song as me! On Saturday, me and my mum went Joe’s Rangiora while we waited for Jemma to do her solo’s. When she had finished, we both got ready for our Ballet and Jazz Duo. Our results for the duo's was 3rd place for both of them. After results, we went to McDonald's for tea. After tea, me and Jemma played outside for a bit. Then we came in with some fish and chips while we watched some videos on YouTube. After about 15 minutes, me and Jemma went next door and built a hut and a played some games. On Sunday we packed up, went to a restaurant for breakfast and went through Lewis Pass because Arthur's was closed. On the way we went through another miniature snow storm. At one point, we stopped and me and Jemma threw snowballs at each other! When we got back, it was the fake ballet exam! I had an awesome weekend!





1 comment:

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.