Friday 20 October 2017

Writing Reflection W1 T4 2017

This week as a part of Literacy I have been doing some writing in preparation for the Eastle writing test the following day. For the practice writing I had to write about why plastic bags should be banned. I thought that they should be banned. What do you think?

Why Plastic Bags Should Be Banned

I believe strongly that plastic bags should be banned because of many reasons like Pollution, Usage and the environment. Even if we go to supermarkets and we pay for plastic bags, it still won’t make a difference when you look at the world map and you see rubbish in the shape of countries and continents.

Plastic bags threaten the environment hugely because of people being careless and just letting those plastic bags fly or drift away like they are free animals. Plastic bags are not animals, and they are definitely not free animals either. They deserve to be locked up at the dump so they can be recycled. If you just let plastic bags roam the world, they will end up in the ocean, stuck in trees and much more. Because of this, animals die by mistaking plastic bags and other rubbish for food. What I mean by this is that it is easy for Seals to mistake plastic bags for jellyfish, which is not good at all. Speaking of sea creatures, just think that some sea creatures, other animals and us need to breathe. To breathe, we need trees. If trees have plastic bags on them, we have a risk starting………

Since there is so much plastic and rubbish everywhere as we haven’t been taking any responsibility about the environment, one day in the future, you will go to your favorite waterfall/lake to swim in and there will be plastic and rubbish floating on top of the whole surface. Then you will think that you should not have let that plastic bag fly out the window when you were emptying your groceries. It is estimated that 7 million tons of plastic is dumped in the ocean each and every year. You could probably say that quite a bit of that 7 million is plastic bags.

Every person uses 700 or more plastic bags each and every year. 160, 000 plastic bags are being made every single second. For every 100 billion bags, we use 12 million barrels of oil. If you click this link, you will find the most scary amount of numbers you have ever seen.

I truly believe that plastic bags should be banned for good because of all these facts I have found. The amount of plastic bags being produced or dumped each year really scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.