Wednesday 2 January 2019

World Wildlife Fund

Foe one of the SLJ activities we had to watch a video on an endangered animal and answer some questions. There were two videos we could choose to watch and the one I chose was Freshwater Seals.

1) The name of the animal the WWF is working to save.
The WWF is working to save the Freshwater Seals, as they are an endangered species with only 360 individuals left.

2) What the WWF is doing to help the animal.
The WWF are helping the Freshwater Seals and their Pups stay away from extinction by creating snow banks for the seals to give birth to their pups safely.

3) What, if any, success they have had protecting the animal.
I'm unsure if they'd made any progress but I think what they are doing now is a good way to start.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kyra,

    Yes, you're absolutely correct! The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is working to save freshwater seals but do you know what type of freshwater seal? Here's a clue, their name begins with "S". You have shown good understanding about what the WWF are doing to save these freshwater seals. They are indeed creating snow banks for the seals to safely give birth to their pups. It's amazing what people can achieve when we come together and offer a helping hand, don't you think? There is still plenty of work to be done to ensure that we are able to protect these animals but any efforts made will always be helpful to their well-being. You might be able to find out more information on the outcome of their supportive projects here:
    https://wwf.fi/en/saimaaringedseal/

    Keep up the good work,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Kyra!

    It's Katelynn here! I saw that you were doing the summer learning journey so I thought I might pop on and see how you are going.

    WOW! You have done a great presenting and completing this activity. I like how you have added a picture of the WFF logo. It is a great idea and lets people reading your post what is about and what the logo looks like if they are interested in helping. Maybe next time you could add a picture of a freshwater seal.This reminded me of when I did this activity.

    Keep up the great work Kyra!

    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kyra! I have just transferred your blog over to my admin and I thought I'd take a look at what you have been doing over the holidays. I know you have been super busy with dance and sailing but it was great to see that you have managed to complete some of the SLJ activities too! Did you enjoy doing them? I am really looking forward to having you in my class this year and I hope you are looking forward to being a senior in T2! See you tomorrow!
    Miss H

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.