Saturday 17 March 2018

Garden City Tappers Dance Comp

Garden City Tappers Dance Competition

2 weeks ago I went to Christchurch to preform duos and solos in the Garden City Tappers Dance Competition. I preformed 4 duos and 2 solos in that competition. 2 of the duos went awesome but the other two not so much. 1 solo went great but the other not as much. 

For Duos I dance with my friend Jemma. We do all of the duos together and each duo is a different style. Our first duo we learnt was our Ballet Duo to the Waltz of the flowers. We won with this last year at the Greymouth competition but came 2nd/last at this competition. Our second Duo is a Jazz Duo where we have mirrors and crowns. In this dance we chuck the crowns off stage which is why we warn the people to watch out for flying crowns. 

Our 3rd duo is a Contemporary. Contemporary is all about facial expressions and slow, controlled moves with sudden sharp bits. At this comp we did this for the first time and we placed first! Our last duo is the lyrical, which unfortunately was a little bit of a fail. I started the wrong way, we didn't do the Aerial and the timing wasn't the best either. Even if it was a fail we still got 1st - because we were the only ones in the group!

I also  have 3 solos but I only preformed 2 at this comp. I have a lyrical and a Ballet. My Ballet is to Claire De Lune. It was the first time I did it at a comp so I got a Commended. This is what usually happens when I do a solo first time onstage. But I know what to work on know so that's cool. My Lyrical is to People Help the People. The first time I did this one I got Commended but at this comp I placed 3rd out of about 7. So I was really pleased with that one!

Here is all the results from this comp:

Lyrical Duo-1st/last-whatever way you look at it.
Contemporary Duo-1st. 
Ballet Duo-2nd.
Jazz Duo-Very Highly Commended (VHC). 
Ballet Solo-Commended (C). 
Lyrical Solo-3rd.

I had a great time at the comp which is the main thing and can't wait until the next!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.