Friday 22 September 2017

Cybersmart Reflection W9 T3 2017

This week on Thursday, Madeline, our Cyber smart teacher came in. She talked to us about Media Construction and how to be safe on the internet. She also gave us a site about the Endangered Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus. We had to find 4 facts about them. I tried to find facts about them on google, but I couldn't find any because the Endangered Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus didn't even exist! The info I did find was on the site (which was made up). Although, I did find some true information on google about the Endangered Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus..............That it was an internet hoax!

Here's the Poster about help save the Endangered Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus that I did:

P.S: These clues are all fake!



So in this lesson we basically learnt to check all information, before writing it down. As some information might not be true..................

2 comments:

  1. Madeline is good how she really opens our eyes to things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyra,
    It is cool that you learnt about the real and the fake on the internet. Great job with the poster it looks pretty realistic, Was there any other fake animals that you could think of?
    I remember doing this I think it was last year!
    Ka Pai,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.