Friday 3 August 2018

Week 2 Term 3 2018 Reflection

This week I have been busy. We had to do a picture graph in Maths. My topic was on Where Would You Rather Go For A Holiday? There was 5 choices of places to go and I asked 25 people's opinion. 8/25 people would like to go to France. This was the most common place to go. The least common place was Peru with only 2/25 people wanting to go there. Here is my presentation of research on where people would like to go for a holiday:



Also,Totara 3 have been doing a mini business on gardening. We put ourselves into small groups and researched different things like planter boxes, pots that are biodegradable like egg cartons,different vegetables and how long they take to germinate and mature. I was in a group that researched and started planting seeds into the egg cartons. So far we have plant Garden Peas, Coriander and Lettuce. We have to water these every day with a spray bottle so the egg cartons don't decompose. Here is some pictures of the plants we have done so far:







This is something that one of the groups have made with flour, yeast and sugar to keep the slugs away. The other day they caught 6 worms, 1 earwig, 88 slugs and 2 snails!


And the Hydroponics for the strawberries:

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kyra

    This is an incredibly informative post, you have been very busy. You are are responsibly looking after the seedlings and I can't wait until we are able to plant them in the garden and also sell the seedlings to our school community. Do you know that when I was at primary school we sold seedlings to our community and Mr B was the teacher in charge? I like that you added a key to your graph as this was important to know what each picture was worth. Great work Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Kyra,

    You certainly have been very busy! Are you looking forward to being able to sell your seedlings? Do you think you'll make enough money for me to retire? (haha) I remember when I was younger and I tried to grow seedlings and sell them... it wasn't a happy ending as I am definitely not green fingered! Keep up the great work! Tu Meke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done kyra I'm super proud of your commitment and enthusiastic to learning. keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.