Monday 31 December 2018

Visit Tane Mahuta

Tane Mahuta is the Maori god for the Forests and Birds of New Zealand. But there is also a tree forest in the North land called the Waipoua Forest which homes the largest Kauri tree in New Zealand, Tane Mahuta, of the Lord of trees. I think I would love to visit this tree because..........


  • I love trees (mainly climbing them, but I won't climb Tane Mahuta!).
  • It would be cool to see how tall and old it is.
  • It would have been special to see the tallest tree in New Zealand meet Tane Mahuta. 
It would be really cool to see the special tree/god and it would be a great holiday. I hope we go there some day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kyra,

    I'm Evelyn and I will be working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you have fun on this journey!

    I'm glad to hear that you would love to visit Tāne Mahuta one day and I really like that you have listed several reasons telling us why you would like to go visit, well done Kyra. It really is an impressive tree and looks even more mind-blowing in real life! I agree with you, climbing trees can be fun when we keep ourselves safe and alert. I also think that it would be an amazing holiday to have with your family and friends. Have you ever been to the North Island before? I live in Auckland and there are plenty of fun activities to do when you head up north of the country. We have a lot of shopping malls, libraries, entertainment centres and movie theatres here in Auckland so you never get bored!

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.