Friday 16 September 2016

Big Day Out Reflection T3 W8

Big Day Out
Yesterday was the Big Day Out. The Big Day Out is a day where Mamaku leaves the school for the whole day to do fun activities like going swimming, going to the movies and going to the Recreation center. 

9:00 am: First we all hopped onto the bus (or the school van) and headed to the movies. We waited in the cinema reception for about 10 minutes then went into cinema 1 and 2. We all sat quietly for another 10 minutes while our popcorn came in then the movie started. The movie we were watching was Pete's Dragon, it was a little bit sad but mainly awesome because it was really adventures. After the movie had finished we headed back into the reception and had an Ice cream covered in chocolate.

10:30 (about that): Everybody hopped back into the vehicles which drove to the new Recreation Center, when we arrived we sat on the grass and concrete to eat our morning tea.

11:00: At 11:00 we packed up and went into the new recreation center to play some games. My first game was Badminton which was really hard because I kept on missing! My second game was basketball, I didn't score any baskets because I hardly got the ball. My third game was soccer, I had to play for the other team because they didn't have enough players on their team. The score 0-0, so it was a tie! My fourth game was cricket, I was a fielder for the first round. The team we were versing scored 23 and we scored 22, so it was a really close score. 

12:00 (about that): At 12:00 we headed into the playground outside of the swimming pool and had lunch. At about 1:00 we all got changed and went into the swimming pool. The first thing and last thing I did was go on the Hydro slide. I must have gone down like 30 times or something. At 2:00 we all began to walk back to school. By the time we got there it was already home time. 

I loved the big day out for this year and I can't wait until the next one

1 comment:

  1. Sounds a fantastic day Kyra- a very good summary of your exciting day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.