Friday 16 June 2017

Fast Write Reflection 2017 W7 T2

This week I have been writing a story about a Fennec Fox who is found in the desert, splashed with cold water, petrified by a big black dog, eared pecked of from a "Smarty" and stepped into somebody's poop, read on to find out what happens.

Sandy the Sheepfox

Image result for fennec fox baby in deseret den

A Fox lying in the desert

It’s so, so hot, Plonk! The Fennec Fox fell over and lied on the sand, to hot to even move. Days and Nights passed and The fox grew weaker and weaker until it could not blink! But one night, a Farmer and his sheep were travelling through the sandy dunes of Egypt and found the sandy, tiny fox lying looking dead. It was a full moon and it was very cold, so the Farmer took the fox with him on his camel and his sheep following along into the dark, cold & scary night.

A Fox’s fear

Splash, Splash and splash, the shepherd had thrown a bucket of water onto the fox. Suddenly the fox was awakened by the coolness of the water. She could make out in the blurriness an old, skinny man staring at her. The fox decided to try and get up and get away, so gently she got up and ran as her stiff legs could carry her. Nearly out, nearly out, the fox closed her eyes and thought of all the fun things that she was going to do…… Bark! Bark! Bark! The fox stopped tails between her legs staring at devilish, hideous, red eyes that looked like they were going to eat her. “Now, now Blacksmith, says the Farmer, chewing on a piece of buckwheat. Give the newcomer some space to adjust in.” “And You” says the Farmer. “You” he continued… You can have some food and lots and lots of water he says as he picks up the petrified fox, still terrified from that hideous dog.
File:Wolf Lower Post Indian Reserve.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Your name is Sandy

While the fox had her food, the farmer thought of a name for the fox. “Let’s think, what can your name be?” Said the Farmer. “Hmm what about Sandy, yes that sounds right.” The Farmer took 5 steps backwards and nearly tripped on a block of hay. Then he said: Come here Sandy, come on. Quickly, but with ease Sandy the Fennec Fox skipped down to the Farmer, whom gave her a pat around her big, oversized ears.

The Chicken house

Later that day, Sandy the fox explored the Farmer’s Farm. She ventured out of the barnhouse and into the chicken house, where there were 3 plump Hens sitting on top of their nests which had 2 or three nest cradled inside of them. At the very top of the house there was 2 tall Roosters who watched with careful, daring eyes; The one more to the right looked as if it was going to pounce on Sandy, and kill her! Without thinking, she said: “You guys are creepy.” Dear reader, you know how Chickens, Roosters and Hens are stupid, well our Rooster to the right is not stupid at all, he can prove that by his gigantic golden trophy which glimmered and shined at the very top of the house which he spat on everyday to keep it clean. This particular trophy was awarded to him at a talent competition when he was just a little, smart chicken. Anyways back to the actual story, When Sandy had said “You guys are creepy” to the Roosters, the Rooster to the right with the name of Smarty pounced right of the top of the chicken house and flew down to shocked, little fox who screeches when the tip of Smarty’s beak went onto her oversized ears which began to bleed while Sandy the Fennec Fox scattered out of the chicken house and into the meadows where Smarty couldn’t see her.

File:Brown Leghorn rooster in Australia.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

A very repulsive smell……

When Smarty the Rooster had given up searching, Sandy pushed her way through the long, Spring grass to find some other friends, nice friends not a big black dog like Blacksmith that scares you to death or a Rooster like Smarty that wants to peck your oversized ears off! Sandy’s right ear really hurt from that stupid Rooster, Smarty. Sandy was walking painfully and then suddenly…… Splosh! Something was on her foot, slowly she pulled the dirty foot up to her face and smelled. Cough, cough, cough which was followed by a very high-pitched YUCK! Sandy couldn’t believe her eyes, more to the point her nose which was now full with a stench of poo, cow poo to be exact. Sandy could see a water trough in the middle of the field, so she walked over to it to get the cow poo off her paw. When she arrived at the trough, she put her paw in and let all the poo wash off. She was making quite a splash. But when the water settled, she found a small, brownie-goldish colored reflection peering at her. Sandy looked up, the reflection looked up as well. Sandy was dumbfounded, it was a calf looking at her probably thinking, why is there a weird, small, oversized eared, stinky dog trying to wash her paws in my water trough? The calf decided to start a conversation with Sandy, which went something like this:

“Hi” said the calf.
“Hi” said Sandy.
“My name is Caramello Brown” Said the calf.
“Mine’s Sandy” Said Sandy.
Sandy who” said Caramello Brown.
“I don’t know my last name” Said Sandy.
“Oh, so where are you from? Where are your parents?” Said Caramello Brown.
“I don’t know where I’m from or where my parents are, I got lost in the desert.” Said Sandy.
“I feel so bad for you.” Said Caramello Brown.
“Do you have parents? Asked Sandy.
“Just a…
“Mum” Said Carmello's mum.
“Mum, you’re back from the milking station already?” Said a shocked Caramello.
“Yes of course I am, it’s been 2…
“Minutes, minutes mum, minutes come one.” Said Caramello.
“I was going to say hours.” Said Caramello’s mum.
“Oh, right.” Said Caramello in a small, sarcastic voice.
“And what’s your name little dog?” Said Caramello’s mum.

“My new name is Sandy, the farmer called me it.”
“What’s your real name?” Said Caramello’s mum.
“I don’t know” Said Sandy.
“Oh, well you can call me Melissa! Said Caramello’s mum.

To be continued in W8!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.