Friday 23 June 2017

Literacy Reflection Week 8 Term 2 2017

For Literacy this week I have been doing Word Work, a bullet points on the journal I read, the first three things I notice about a family member, a describe bubble and a description on a family member.

WALT: Use precise and descriptive words to describe the image/person.

Bullet Points on Journal

The journal I read was called Katie's mum. It is about a girl named Katie getting ready for her book character day when she discovers that her mum (a famous writer) was coming in too read to her class. There will be a summary next week. Here is my Bullet points on Katie's mum:

Katie’s mum
By Jane Vaafusuaga

  • Katie thinking about what she was going to go as for book week
  • Miss Platt talking about book week
  • Katie finding out her mother was going to be coming to school as a “Special Guest”
  • Katie being worried that her friends might think she was weird
  • Katie telling her mum not to go in her “Purple tights and her big red jersey with the circles on it
  • Katie’s mum reading one of her books on Thursday
  • Katie realising that her mum is pretty cool

Characters:
Katie
Katie’s mum

Miss Platt and Katie’s classmates

Word Work

For Word Work this week I did my usual Definitions, origins and sentences. Something I found interesting was that the origins of receive was Middle English, Latin and Old North french; The last one I didn't even know was an origin! Here is my Word Work:





Description on my Uncle Steven

This week I had to do a describe bubble on my Uncle Steven to help start onto my description on him and the first three things I notice about him. The reason I chose him to describe was because I go up to see him lot's, so I know him quite well ever since they moved to New Zealand from England. Here is my DLO's:





UNCLE STEVE

My Uncle is a peculiar action-packed man that loves to do mysterious things to me and my brother. My Uncle Steven is as tall as a giant, but I am infinitesimal. Uncle Steve has a bald, oval head that shines like his Golf Car. He has Greyish, brown hair that tickles his bald head. His square glasses reflection his glistening brown eyes. His voice is deep like a bullfrog ribbiting on a clear, cold night with the moon shining over the hills. He’s around 60 years old but looks younger in this photo!:

FullSizeRender.jpg



My Uncle is my Mum’s sister’s husband. He wears black suit as dark as the night or a casual smart top and shorts. He wears shiny black shoes that sparkle gently or sandals if on the beach with his 6 year old labrador that has a tail like a whip. My Uncle has quite a sense of humor, as I think he could be a comedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.