Monday 18 December 2017

SLJ~A3~Bonus Activity~D1~W1 Reflection

Summer Learning Journey
Activity 3-Bonus Activity
Day 1
Week 1

Write why you would be in Waka Ama Race.

I would like to be in a Waka Ama race because love being in the water so it wouldn't matter if I fell out of the Waka in some random way. It also looks like you can go quite fast with good teamwork...........and going fast on the water is awesome because even on the non-windy days you still get you hair whipped around everywhere. I have would have a bit of an advantage because I have experienced sailing. And Teamwork is quite a big thing when in a big boat.............if you don't work together to could capsize (tip the boat onto it's side)!

That's why I'd like to be in a Waka Ama race.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyra,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey programme. My name is Ellee and I will be blogging with you this summer.
    I am super impressed with the start you have made Kyra! Great work!

    I agree with you that Waka Ama is definitely about teamwork to not only win the race but also make you hair whip in the wind! :)
    Wow that is amazing that you have experience sailing! Does you family have a boat?

    I also love to spend time in the water so wouldn't mind being capsized! I really enjoy swimming at the beach and going boogie boarding in the summer time. How about you?

    This is an awesome start to your summer of blogging Kyra, I hope to read more of your posts soon!

    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.