Thursday 7 December 2017

Survivor Reflection W5 T4 2017

Mamaku Hub Survivor 2017:

This week for Literacy and Numeracy we have had a minor change around. Our topic for this week and next week is Survivor! Survivor is a show about people having to survive in the wild. We are doing activities based around this. Some of the activities we will be doing is first aid (making tents, making slings and a stretcher), Making our team flag, roasting and toasting marshmallows and damper, Bringing water to our campsite and making huts out of driftwood provided. 

Before any of the teams got to do any activities, we had to sort out our teams of ten, including the people in our group, our team name, our team chant, our team moto and our team flag design. My team is called the Wild Wolves, and we also have a team captain/Alpha (as we are a pack of wolves) who is my friend Iris.

The activity my team did yesterday was roasting Marshmallows and Damper. Firstly we had to make the damper by searching instructions off our Chromebooks. Then we roasted it over the small fire. When we ate the damper it was to salty, we all thought we were only meant to put two teaspoons instead of two tablespoons. After that we roasted Marshmallows which were delicious even though it started to drizzle!

We have lot's of activities to do in the next few weeks and I am really excited for all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.