Sunday 22 September 2019

Ballet Exam

Today I did my BBO Ballet exam. BBO stands for the British Ballet Organisation, and they do other styles/genres as well as Ballet. This year I was in Grade 3, as I hadn't done ballet for year when I started in Term 1. I do Ballet and some other genres at CND. There are 3 other people in my grade at CND including Charlee, Indie and Pallas. Our examiner's name was Mrs Wilson. We all worked hard this year and we were very proud of what we did today. After my exam, I had Theatre Awards, which are like dancing competitions minus the competition part. We can do any style we like and we have to have the appropriate shoes, hair, make up and costumes. This year was my first year doing Theatre Awards and I did four dances including a ballet solo, lyrical solo, barefoot solo and a demi character solo. We do not know our results of our exam but we did get our reports and medals for our theatre awards. Everyone received a gold medal and very good marks. I scored:

Ballet Solo: 90/100 points
Lyrical Solo: 93/100 points
Barefoot Solo: 90/100 points
Demi Character Solo: 94/100 points

I can't wait to be doing another exam next year, which will be for Grade 5, as I am doing Grade 4 in the holidays. My tutor Cynthia is an amazing teacher who has helped me learn all of my Syllabus work for this year, along with my family.

Image result for BBO dance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.