Friday 2 June 2017

Kyra's Art Reflection T2 2017

This term Mamaku Hub have been looking at Robert Delaunay's artwork. Robert Delaunay was a french artist that loved to do his artwork through shapes like circles, triangles, squares etc. He did paintings as M1 (My class did). M2 and 3 did the same art but with pastels and collages. The colors I used in my painting were Orange, Light blue, Light Orange, Red and Blue. The Template that I changed was a giant circle in the middle of the page and there were half circles in each of the corners of the A3 paper. In the giant circle I had orange and blue triangles, on some of the lines in the corners I had light orange triangles and the other lines were a light blue.  I wanted to get the affect of small circles popping out in between of the big circles and the lines. It took me 5 sessions to finish my art from draft to paint. When I was doing my art I felt creative and confident to change something into my own piece of art.

My art

Robert Delaunay's version

Image result for Robert delaunay's art



1 comment:

  1. Well done Kyra- I like how you took Delaney's style and added your own special creativity to it. Perhaps you can hang it in your new bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.