Thursday 15 February 2018

Rewanui Day Trip 2018

In the holidays me and my family went to Rewarding to explore old mining sites and caves. The trip was great-but really, really hot! It also took us forever, but there were like millions of gorse bushes and lots of mud the I kept getting stuck in. We walked through two tunnels, two streams, lot's of gorse bushes and heaps of mud. We also saw 2 sheds and 1 super old building, which I was surprised the windows weren't shattered! Along the way we saw a few metal wheels, some railway tracks, a boot and an outdated beer bottle. On the walk back we had lunch in the second tunnel because it was nice and shady, and also beause the stream had sand flies. When we got back to the car, when I took my shoes and socks off, I had a clear line of mud and then my skin. I got so dirty! Luckily, right after that, we were headed for the beach for body boarding!

I had a great day out!


(Here is a slide about Rewanui, the dangers and difficulties, where it is and some pictures)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.