Friday 9 February 2018

Welcome To 2018!

Kia Ora and welcome back to 2018!!!

Hi my name is Kyra, you might know me from when I was a year six last year......well guess what? I'm a year seven now! My teacher this year is Miss Power, but my class and I will also be working together quite a lot with the classroom next door, Miss Hines's class. 

So far this term (only 8 days) I have been doing quite a bit. In Numeracy I have been doing learning how to set out my maths book properly and I have also been doing lot's of problem sheets where we had use an Algorithm to solve either of the following:


  • Addition with decimal points.
  • Subtraction with decimal points.
  • Short division.
  • 2 digit by 2 digit multiplication.
  • 2 digit by 1 digit multiplication. 
  • 4 digit subtraction.
I found them all quite hard at first, but as I worked hard on most of them, I began get it. I still need a bit of practice on Short division, but I think I'll get there. In the morning everyday we're all meant to do a 100 question basic facts test in under 5 minutes. My first try on the second day of school was terrible-I didn't even finish in the 5 minutes! But a few days after that, when my brain had adapted from being a zombie brain-I got some pretty good scores. My best score yet is 99/100 in 2:49s. But enough talk about maths-I'd better tell you about literacy.......

In the past 8 days in literacy I have been working on my poem anthology. The first 3 poems I did were acrostic poems. Acrostic Poems is a type of poem where you have one word that is vertically down the page and for each letter of that word there is a sentence or word about it. For Example:



That is one of the poems I did, here is the other 2:







One of the school sports coming up is Swimming sports. I entered nearly all of the events. I hope to do well in my backstroke events. 

So there you have it, the first 8 days of the 2018 school year. I can't wait to see what opportunities lie ahead...........

2 comments:

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.