Tuesday 20 February 2018

Swimming Sports Reflection 2018

Last week on Friday, the Team B Length swimmers went to the Grey Main Swimming Sports. Because the Greymouth pool was closed only the Team B Length swimmers were aloud to go, as we were in the Runanga Pool. I don't think we could have fit nearly 350 kids into the space!

I entered all of the events except 100 meter Freestyle and Butterfly. The reason was because we weren't aloud to do 100 meter Freestyle because it would take too long, and I can't do butterfly yet. Here are the estimated results for my other races:

25m Freestyle-2nd equal out of 4/3.
50m Freestyle-2nd out of 4.
25m Breaststroke-4th out of 4.
50m Breaststroke-3rd out of 4.
25m Backstroke-1st equal out of 4/3.
50m Backstroke-Smashed my head on the concrete wall but came 1st out of 4.
Long Plunge-Crashed into the lane rope,tilted on my side and came last. But hey, first long plunge ever.
Medley-Really tired and came 3rd out of 4.

Key:
25m=1 length.
50m=2 lengths.
Long Plunge=Gliding.
Medley=3 lengths.

I didn't get into the Relay team, but we still got to play on the giant inflatable! When the Greymouth pool opens again, the school is going to have a swimming festival-when everyone can go!

I wonder if I'll get into Grey District???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.