Monday 31 December 2018

Top 3 fun facts of NZ

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1:

For this activity we had to go onto a site that had cool facts about New Zealand on there. We had to choose our top 3 and post them on our blog. I tried to find the ones about New Zealand that I didn't know about, so I chose these:

1. To become a New Zealand citizen, you have to swear an oath to Queen Elizabeth II. 

2. New Zealand is part of the Pacific rim of fire and its most active volcano is Mount Ruapehu, which can be found in the North Island.

3. The most popular or watched films in NZ are "Once were warriors", "The Whale rider", "The Piano" and "The Lord Of The Rings" trilogy. 

Personally I didn't know any of these and I've never heard of "Once were warriors", "The Whale rider" and "The Piano" ! I've only watched "The Lord Of The Rings", so I'd better start watching those other ones or I wouldn't be living up to theses facts at all!

Image result for new zealand flag

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Kyra and welcome to the Summer Learning Journey programme for 2018-2019! We are thrilled that you have joined us and made your way through five activities already. You're on a roll! It is great to see that you are learning new things and sharing this learning on your blog. I have been working on the SLJ for the past four years and I continue to come back to it, year after year, for exactly this reason. I have the chance to learn new things every year from students all around New Zealand. It's pretty awesome!

    I hope that you will continue to share your learning with us over the next month. The SLJ programme is open every day until Friday 25 January 2019. Feel free to pop back and complete activities any time that you wish. Our full team is back on Monday 7 January 2019 and will be responding to posts throughout the month of January. I know that they are going to really enjoy your work!

    Have a great day,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.