Friday 18 August 2017

Literacy Reflection W4 T3

This week for Literacy I have been doing a KWVL chart on Whitebait along with a Categorization on Whitebait and a rugby commentary.

Whitebait Categorization:
WALT: Summarize what we read
To do this I used the information I got from answering my questions from the KWVL chart I did last week. Next I put the information onto a chart (categorization) and split it into 3 categories that would give you information that the title signals. For EXAMPLE: Life Cycle: Eggs, larvae whitebait, inanga.



Whitebait KWVL chart:
WALT: Summarize what we read
For this I finished the last bit of the KWVL chart I started last week. The part I had to fill in was what I had learnt from the text. I have to say I must of learnt alot because it went onto 2 pages. As it went on 2 pages I will only be showing you the first page.



Rugby Commentary: 
WALT: Write for different audiences
For this task I had to watch a short video of Damian McKenzie and his goal-kicking smile and write as if I was someone in the crowd  like a TV commentator, a radio commentator, a crusaders fan and much more. I chose to be a crusader's fan and a TV commentator. 

   Rugby Commentary  
                                                  
Choose from the following perspectives
  • You are Damian’s coach
  • You are a member of the Chiefs team
  • You are a radio commentator
  • You are a member of the Crusaders team
  • You are a Chief’s fan
  • You are a Crusader’s fan
  • You are the TV commentator
  • You are Damian McKenzie
 

Name: Kyra
Clip:  Damian McKenzie watch it here (0-45sec)
Chosen Perspective:  Crusader’s fan

Script for Crusader’s fan:

I was so excited, I could barely sit in my seat, and the game hadn’t even started yet.

30 minutes later…..
“There he is.” I say pointing to Damian McKenzie. “Look, Watch, he’s about to do his special kick off.” I whisper to someone I completely don’t know.

Damian takes his aim, smiling while he does it…...and pow! The green and white rugby ball flies through the air, passing the screaming crowd, waiting impatiently for the ball to fly through the white goalpost with the blue padding at the bottom.
Will it make it? Yes it does, the impatience has ended and everyone in the crowd is going completely WILD!!!
Damian McKenzie has made the game!

Name: Kyra
Clip:  Damian McKenzie watch it here (0-45sec)
Chosen Perspective:  Crusader’s fan
Note: This might not be the exact places, dates, etc.

Script for TV Commentator:

“3,2,1…...and action!” Calls a man with the camera.
I started to talk, my very first talk in a real rugby stadium!

“And we are live here at the AMI Stadium in Christchurch, New Zealand, and we’re about to capture Damian McKenzie doing a goal kick.” “Will he do his Goal-kicking smile, or not?”

“Oh, Oh, turn the camera over to him, please? Thank You.”
“Here he goes.” I pause.
POW! The rugby ball shoots into the air with Damian’s powerful kick.

“And…” I wait impatiently for the ball to land on the ground through the white goal posts.
“And that ball has passed through those goalposts!” I finish excitedly. “ And the crowd is going wild, If you just missed that goal-kicking smile, you’re very unlucky!”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.